By Ashley Polite - October 22, 2021
Let's be honest.. cream cheese frosting for the win! It's simple, creamy, and no cake or cupcake is complete without it. It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare, and you're only four ingredients away from confection perfection.
Here are our steps for making the most delicious batch:
1) Soften your butter - QUALITY MATTERS. Use the good stuff. We prefer a European Style butter. Nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds or leave it out until it reaches room temp.
2) Cream the butter - Whip until the chunks are gone. This step is essential for a smooth end result.
3) Add the cream cheese - Some say this is the most important ingredient...
4) Add pure vanilla extract - The flavor that brings it all together.
5) Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla - Make sure all of your ingredients are well acquainted with one another. When the consistency is smooth you're ready for the next step.
6) Add powdered sugar - gradually add the sugar as you continue to mix to avoid clumping. *Warning* some multitasking is required.
7) High whip - The final step. If you're using a mixer, set it at the fastest speed to whip everything together. If you're doing this by hand, you should probably stop and use a mixer. The texture should be light and fluffy like a cloud on a beautiful summer day. Once this is achieved, your cream cheese frosting is ready to devour!
Pairs well with spiced cakes, sugar cookies, and our favorite red velvet cupcake.